Two Ways To Live
Sharing the gift thanks to Matthias Media: Two Ways
1. God is the loving ruler of the world.
He made the world.
He made us rulers of the world under him.
2. We all reject the ruler - God - by trying to run life our own way without him.
But we fail to rule ourselves or society or the world.
3. God won't let us rebel forever.
God's punishment for rebellion is death and judgment.
4. Because of his love, God sent his Son into the world: the man Jesus Christ.
Jesus always lived under God's rule.
Yet by dying in our place he took our punishment and brought forgiveness.
5. God raised Jesus to life again as ruler of the world.
Jesus has conquered death, now gives new life, and will return to judge.
6. The Two Ways to Live:
A. Our way:
Reject the ruler--God
Try to run life our own way
Condemned by God
Facing death and judgment
B. God's new way:
Submit to Jesus as our ruler
Rely on Jesus' death and resurrection
Forgiven by God
Given eternal life
More Two Ways to Live Resources: